Sunday, March 22, 2009

3rd Trimester here we come....28 weeks

I am really feeling pregnant lately. My ankles are slightly swollen, I'm pretty tired and just getting big. I am still on pelvic rest, so trying to take it easy. It's much easier said than done. We've had 70+ degree weather and I can't garden or do much of anything, so that has been a little tough on me. Bending over is now an after thought anyway!

All in all, things are great! He kicks all day and night, and I am enjoying every second of it! I am getting more and more excited/anxious each day. Things are becoming very real with all the little baby things we have and registering. That really made both of us think about what we need for our little guys arrival. Walking though Babie R Us is so overwhelming, yet very exciting all at the same time. Luckily, a good friend of mine was gracious enough to give me all of her little guys clothes as he will be one year old in June and has obviously outgrown all of his little baby stuff, so we have a great start to the clothing and have slowly been buying things since we found out we're expecting a boy.

Wow, I'm going to be a mommy in less than 12 weeks!!

We have our 7 month OB appt on Tuesday and I'll have my glucose test and blood tests too to check for anemia. We will also most likely schedule our next ultrasound to determine if a C-section is a necessity due to the placenta previa. It was 1cm above my cervix 3 weeks ago. Please pray for us that everything goes well and bed rest is not in our future!

Otherwise, we have been working on getting things taken care of in the house; Brian painted our bathroom and we did some updates to it, preparing our guest bedroom for our visitors, and organizing and preparing for our little guy to come.