Monday, January 30, 2012

The countdown begins...20 weeks down, 20 weeks (or less) to go!

Time is going by so fast, I just realized that I need to share some updates....

 Zane has been a funny boy! His new phrases lately are "of course, mom" and "Really!?!"  He and I went to the Children's Museum on MLK. It was a big day, he wore his big boy pants (not pull ups) all day with no accidents! He had so much fun. We took him last year, but he was still pretty little to enjoy it, this time he made some paper, he drove the bus, organized their grocery store, helped Peter Rabbit cook his vegetable stew and much more! We'll be going back there again!! He's all about hockey and now he even has a hockey helmet (he already  has a net and sticks so it's the whole package). Brian took him to a pond near our home to play hockey last week, and he thought that was pretty neat! Zane is such a big boy! He's doing so well potty training ( I think we can safely say he's out of the potty training phase, we just need to get the poop thing down). He'll go poop every so often, but not regularly in the toilet. For those of you who have potty trained, you understand! We're extremely patient and so proud of him! He knows he's not a baby anymore!

Zane is very excited for the baby to come. I had my 20 week ultrasound last week. Baby is doing great, 11 ounces, very active and has all organs and limbs! I have partial placenta previa like I did with Zane, but I will not have to worry about 36 hrs of labor since we've already determined I'm having C-section the fist week of June, if baby will wait that long. The good thing is we'll get to see the baby again at 28 weeks, and if necessary more often. We also confirmed that baby is a boy! We are all very happy and now it's trying to figure out a name for this little guy! We have his middle name figured out, but just like with Zane, we're having trouble agreeing on his first name. Zane is ready to play football and basketball with baby, so hopefully he's not too disappointed when the baby can't play when we bring him home. I'm grateful because I saved all of Zane's baby clothes. I just bought a double stroller last week and Zane is ready to ride in it (it's still in the box) but he took it upon himself to start opening the box! He's so determined.

This weekend we visited Kellie and Sterling in Winona, which was fun. The boys ice fished and were able to bring enough fish home Sunday for dinner! It was delicious! Kellie, Zane and I went to a wedding show. I tasted her cake, met her photographer and saw her DJ. She is really organized and ready for this wedding. Now she just needs to figure out small details (and I need to figure out my speech) and for time to pass so we can get the show on the road!

Enjoy our pictures and I'll keep you posted!








No comments:

Post a Comment